We always need local, regional, and even international volunteers. Whether you are passionate about early childhood education, need school credit, or just want to help out, we will find a place for you.
Locally (Addis Ababa)
One of the biggest areas we need your help is with our upcoming Tsehai Loves Learning Resource Center. We are relying on the community to make the center a fun, innovative place for learning. To be an official volunteer, you must help at least once a month.
See roles below to find out the best fit for you. Unless otherwise indicated, minimum commitment is once a month.
- Artists are responsible for leading our Arts & Crafts Corner. While there will be training, previous experience is a must.
- Discovery Guides lead visitors through different exhibits providing hands-on interpretation. Public speaking and teaching skills are a plus.
- Puppeteers bring the puppet shows to life using their creativity and acting skills. Puppetry skills are a must.
- Storytellers lead activities at the reading corner using books and other visual aids. Reading skills are a must.
- Special Event Hosts welcome guests, give tours, and help with event activities. Minimum commitment is 1 event per year after training. Event coordination, customer service, or public relations experience is a must.
- Training and professional development
- Letter of reference or confirmation of hours
- Invitation to regular volunteer and staff events
- Discount on Tsehai’s merchandise
- Knowledge about Whiz Kids and its programs and functions
- Opportunities to interact with TRC staff